We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Chicken and Stuffing Casserole
This is a casserole recipe from Gooseberry Patch. We tried it, and it was absolutely delicious. The ingredients and directions are listed below. We doubled the recipe because the men in the house are bottomless pits. This casserole is perfect for potlucks and large families. I used to do a similar version in the crock pot, but the chicken always came out dry. Give it a try and let me know what you think.
This only uses a few ingredients, and it is so easy to throw together.
My husband, Jim, cubes the chicken while I get the stuffing ready.
Pour the stuffing into a large bowl.
Add the chicken broth and melted butter. Mix well and let it sit for a few minutes until the stuffing becomes moist. No pre-cooking needed
Now for the chicken mixture.
To your bowl of cubed chicken, add the cream of chicken soup and sour cream. Mix well.
Place the chicken mixture in a greased 2 quart casserole dish.
Top with the stuffing mixture. Bake at 350℉ for 30-40 minutes or until bubbly.
We served ours with a tossed salad. Enjoy!!!
- 4-6 Cups Cooked, cubed chicken
- 1 10.5 oz. can of Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 Pint (16 oz.) Sour Cream
- 1 box Stuffing Mix
- 1 14.5 oz. can of Chicken Broth
- 6 Tbs butter or margarine, melted.
- Put the dry stuffing mix into a large bowl. Add the broth and melted butter. Mix well and let sit until moistened.
- Mix the cubed chicken, sour cream, and cream of chicken soup together.
- Place chicken mixture into a greased 2 quart casserole dish. Top with the stuffing mixture.
- Bake in a preheated 350℉ oven for 30-40 minutes or until bubbly.