We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Creamy Sausage and Tortellini Soup
One of my favorite things about Fall, is that it’s soup and stew season. Nothing beats coming home to a nice warm bowl of soup on a crisp Autumn day. This Creamy Sausage and Tortellini Soup is a thick, hearty soup. Add a crusty loaf of bread and it’s a perfect dinner.
This recipe is easy to prepare and can be done on the stove top or in a Slow Cooker. It’s also one of those meals that taste even better the next day, so I usually double the recipe to have planned leftovers. This is one of our family favorites and I’m sure it will be a favorite for your family.
As always, drop me a comment or email and let me know how you like it. Your feedback is important to me.
There are only five ingredients so this is a pretty frugal meal. I’m showing the Slow Cooker Directions.
I start by cubing my cream cheese first and setting to the side. I brown my sausage and drain.
Place the browned sausage and tortellini in your Slow Cooker. Add the tomatoes and broth. Stir. Then add the cubed cream cheese. Stir. Cook on Low for 4 hours.
- 1 package of chicken broth (32 oz)
- 1 package of your favorite tortellini (I used 2 pkgs of frozen)
- 1 lb Hot Italian sausage, Sweet or Mild are fine too
- 1 32oz. Diced Italian Tomatoes or Italian Crushed (if you don't like chunks of tomatoes.
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese
- Cube the cream cheese and set aside.
- Brown the sausage, drain.
- Place Sausage and tortellini in the slow cooker.
- Add the tomatoes and broth.
- Add the cubed cream cheese.
- Stir well.
- Cook on LOW for 4 hours.
- Stove Top
- Same as above. Except Bring to boil, then simmer until tortellini is cooked through. Stir occasionally so it doesn't stick.